Monday, January 30, 2012

Finished Meringue Skirt for Sew-along

   I finished the official version of the Meringue Skirt for the Colette Sew-along yesterday but the pictures were so awful and made me look like a hippo so I didn't post.  My husband retook them today and this is the only passable shot.  A piece of my head is still missing and it is still off focus but here is the best one.



I like how it turned out - the fit is perfect.  It is three inches longer than my wearable muslin hitting me right below the knees.  Because I was worried about the bulk of the denim I made the facing out of a piece of red cotton which adds some secret pizzazz.    
I don't know if you can tell in this picture but after my failure with the invisible zipper on the muslin I wussed out and attempted a lapped zipper instead.  I used the directions from the Threads Sew Guide which I borrowed from my library.  This worked well but that meant that the instructions for the facing didn't work and I had to go to plan B for them.  It worked out in the end but I spent quite a bit of quality time with my seam ripper.  
     This skirt will definitely get worn and I learned a lot.
      The Threads Sew Guide has already been added to my Amazon wish list and I highly recommend it.  It is a great reference.
Bottom line is I'm glad I joined this sew-along and I look forward to the next project!


1 comment:

  1. Well done! I like the scalloped look on the bottom...

    ReplyDelete