Sunday, January 1, 2012

Suprised Myself

    I actually did a complete sewing project today!  Unheard of.  A couple of months ago I found a piece of checked flannel in a thrift store for just a few dollars.  I knew immediately that I wanted to make them into comfy lounging pants (translation - pants only to be worn inside the house).  
     I choose McCall's 6252.  This morning I cut out a large which according to my measurements was what I needed.  I shortened the length of the pattern by four inches.  I had just the right amount of fabric, if I were a few inches taller it would not have been enough.  I got the length exactly right but they were huge in the waist, hip and leg.  I just sewed new side seams an inch in from the old ones and made the back crotch about a half inch smaller.  It took me about a total of four hours to make them but most of that was cutting the pattern and pieces and threading the elastic.  
  Terrible picture  - next time I'll get my husband to do the documenting.  
   I'll probably make these again but will cut down the pattern first.  Will also add pockets - that is all that is missing.  But for less than a day's work this was a great instant gratification project.  

1 comment:

  1. It gives a sense of achievement when you start and finish a project in one day and you know you have a pattern you can use again. Well done!

    ReplyDelete