Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Highly Unusual

     In a very unusual event for me I actually finished a second sewing project yesterday.  Was it one of my several partially finished clothing projects?  No.  Instead I went for instant gratification and made this cute litle purse from http://mommybydaycrafterbynight.blogspot.com/2011/10/pleated-purse-tutorial.html .
This is smallish bag (about 8 X 7) with a pleated front.  There are no pockets on the inside but if I make it again I will add them and some sort of closure.  It probably took me just over two hours including cutting.  The hardest part was the pleats on the front and the back.  I think it might have been faster if I had done them correctly and measured them out first.  Instead I took the "shortcut" and eyeballed them.  They aren't perfect but the lining hides most of the irregularities.  This was a fun quick project and would be cute for a little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment