Then, on the way home I stopped by Joann's and found a beautiful purple heather sweater knit to use in the pattern.
I cut it out Friday morning and worked on it for a while on Saturday and Sunday. I am a slow sewer and it took about 3 hours to sew it all. Last night when all put together it looked like this.
Even though I had shortened the pattern by two inches it was REALLY long and the sleeves were long and wide. Not something I would ever wear.
So I started with the sleeves. I cut of two inches and then went up six inches and drew a line tapering from the back seam to the cuff about an inch and a half in.
I then made a french seam and cut off the excess and the sleeves fit much better (at least at the bottom).
I then cut 3 1/2 inches off all the way around the bottom of the sweater and hemmed. At the end it looked like this.
It is still not perfect but I will wear it like this. If I make this again I will make the arm holes and the tops of the sleeves smaller. This is an easy to sew pattern where mistakes are easy to hide. ;)