Sunday, October 16, 2011

      This was quite a busy weekend!  Lots to do.
      Earlier this week I downloaded a cute clutch pattern from http://www.keykaloupatterns.com .  It was $6 and I thought it might make a cute gift for a co-worker or friend.  I cut out the fabrics on Wednesday night, spent a little time sewing it on Friday night and finished it off on Saturday.  I'm pleased with how it turned out!

Especially pleased with how the strips pretty much match up even if the colors are off!

Note that the clutch has two pockets and a snap closure - the button is optional and just for show.
The instructions on this pattern (http://www.keykaloupatterns.com/product/pocket-clutch-pdf-sewing-pattern) are extremely well-written and very clear.  Sewing is not intuitive for me and I get confused easily ;) that didn't happen with this pattern. It also uses very little fabric and would be a good way to use up some leftovers from other projects.  It calls for a 1/4 yard of both the focus and lining fabrics but actually used closer to an 1/8th of each and there is no reason why different fabrics couldn't be used for the pockets.  I would have liked if it were a tad bigger (I need to fit an epi pen in my bags) but the size was stated on the pattern so that is my own fault.  I might try increasing the size by 20% when I make it again.  In total, including the cutting this took me about 21/2 hours to make and was very satisfying!  Would recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment